By Janet Vargas - Owner Of This Website
IT'S REALLY GOOD WHEN SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING NICE HEY? IT REALLY MAKES YOUR DAY. A WORLD WITH IMPATIENCE AND SELFISH PURSUITS MAKES SOME PEOPLE'S GESTURES AND ACTS OF KINDNESS OR CONSIDERATION TAKE ON A CONTRAST THAT SHINES BRIGHTLY - IT'S A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE, SOMETIMES ONE THAT IS REMEMBERED FOR DAYS OR WEEKS OR EVEN OCASSIONALY THROUGH THE YEARS. QUITE OFTEN WHEN OUT AND ABOUT, I LIKE TO GIVE FREE SMILES AWAY AND SAY SOMETHING CHEERY WHATEVER, TO MAKE SOMEONE'S DAY A LITTLE BRIGHTER. IT SOMETIMES GIVES YOU A LIFT AS WELL AS THE OTHER PERSON AND HAS THE ABILTY TO TRANSFORM SOMEONE'S COUNTENANCE - YOU MUST TRY IT SOMETIMES.
1. There was a couple in their mid 40s holding hands as they were leisurely walking walking towards the entrance in a Shopping Centre. They were about to cross the walkway together, noticed me coming with my trolley.......they parted hands and separated to let me me go across the walkway first. There was time for me to wait for them.
2. A driver had just been impatient and inconvenienced me one day, and as I entered the Aldis Carpark, there were two parking spots available. A lady in her Mid 80s waited for me to take the first convenient park and then pulled into her park along side of me - no worries, handling her smart little car so well. I thanked her for her gesture and commented on her driving skills as we walked into Aldis and she graciously said "that's alright, I have been driving since I was 15 on our farm and learnt to drive a tracker as well."
3. There was a young girl in the City at night and needed a ride home. She beckoned a friend who drives a Cab and was waiting three hours for a fare, to take her home a considerable distance. She offered him $15.00......he consented and took her home. On the way back to the City, he had two good fares:)
4. Recently I phoned the library to ask them a question and when the girl mentioned there were 20 books waiting for me, I said I would come in straight away. One of the other assistants hearing that went and collected all the books from the different cubicles for me, so I would not have to, and when I arrived, he came over to me, introduced himself and led me to a cubicle where he stored the items and proceeded to pack them into two bags I had with me. He spoke so cordially to me - a pleasant experience.
5. A friend of my Son went to get a new pair of strides taken up and the Alterations lady politely said she couldn't possibly do them that day. He nicely expressed he needed them for an unexpected urgent occasion, she consented and did them without hesitation. The following day, he went back to give her a small box of Roses as a thank you gesture for her kindness. She was a little overwhelmed as he handed them to her and she exclaimed it was her Birthday!
IT IS MY INTENTION TO ADD TO THIS PAGE WHEN MORE MICRO STORIES ARE AVAILABLE. I TRUST YOU ENJOYED.